Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I am flattered and humbled to have been asked to participate in Sunday Snippets.  So, here goes with my initial post!

By way of context, my blog, On Jacob's Ladder, is a record of my thoughts and reflections as I try to read the Bible start to finish during 2013.  Here and there, there are posts about other things that are going on.  For example, my family vacation to Paris was the recent topic of a few posts.  

This past week, I have been working my way through 
1 Samuel. Although most would consider it the story of Samuel and David, I have been captivated by Saul--a fascinating, flawed man whose life reads like a Shakespearean tragedy.

1 Samuel 13-15

1 Samuel 16-19

1 Samuel 20-24
1 Samuel 25-28

1 Samuel 29-31

In addition, I was asked to write a personal reflection on Matthew Kelly's book, Rediscover Catholicism.  The book impacted me greatly, as it brought me face to face with a challenge regarding my own accountability for being the change I want to see in the Church and in the world.

Rediscover Catholicism--A Personal Reflection

Have a great week!

1 comment: