Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Deuteronomy 7-9

Moses continues to explain to the Israelites the reason for all that has happened to them since they left Egypt.  He does this in anticipation of their entry into Canaan--without him.  Why has God chosen this people, this nation among all others? 

For you are a people sacred to the Lord . . . . The Lord set his heart on you and chose you . . . You will be blessed above all peoples.

Why has He chosen me? Why has He set His heart on me? He created me; He loves me; He calls me closer. As with the Israelites, He wants to lead me out of slavery--the slavery of my distractedness, my temper, my impatience with others, my stubbornness, my lack of trust in Him, my fearfulness.  I am immensely grateful, when I contemplate these things, and I want to respond and let these things go, but I don't always know how.

1 comment:

  1. You ask a very good question: Why has He chosen me?

    There are those who believe He has chosen everyone to follow Him, to love and obey Him, and to return to Him in Heaven. But many are not listening.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete